Microsoft Software Campus Agreement (MSCA) - Tips and Tricks
Last Updated: 07/17/2013
Tips for burning .ISO images
- You cannot use Windows Vista or Windows 7 alone to burn an ISO image. OIT recommends that you use ISO Recorder Power Toy (see below).
- Always use a new blank disc.
- Close all other programs while burning to prevent errors.
- If you are unable to burn an ISO image file using these instructions, please consult the help files provided with your specific burning software.
- If you do not have the ability to burn a disc, contact the IT Service Center for assistance.
- After the disc has been burned, double-click on the disc and open the installer.
- Learn more.
Important Notes about OS Upgrades
- You cannot upgrade a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS, or downgrade from a 64-bit OS to a 32-bit installation. Moving from 64-bit to 32-bit and visa-versa is not supported both require a clean install.