VPN - Known Issues
Last Updated: 11/18/2013
Network Connect for Mac and Java version 7 update 45 Issue
- Description: There is currently an issue with Java version 7 update 45 and Network Connect for Mac.
- Impact: When attempting to download or launch Network Connect through Safari the download/launch will fail.
- Workaround: If you have yet to install the application refer to the Manually Install Network Connect tutorial to learn how to install the Network Connect DMG manually. If you have previously installed the application, launch Network Connect from your applications folder.
Mac OS 10.9 and Network Connect Installation
- Description: An issue with Safari 7 and Network Connect, Mac OSX 10.9 users (possibly other OSX users, if using Java 1.7.0_45) cannot install Network Connect through the traditional installation method.
- Impact: When attempting to download through Safari 7 the download will fail.
- Workaround: Refer to the Manually Install Network Connect tutorial to learn how to install the Network Connect DMG manually and workaround this issue.
Firefox Google Search Problems with VPN Web Interface
- Impact: Entering a search string and hitting enter on the keyboard or clicking on search does not commence the search. Currently Firefox is the only known affected browser.
- Use a browser other than Firefox.
- Use a search tool other than Google.
- Resolution: The problem has been reported to our VPN vendor and it has been given a high priority status.
Mac Users Unable to Sign In to Network Connect
- Description: Apple released an update to Java that interrupts the sign-in process of the Network Connect VPN when starting the desktop client from the applications menu.
- Impact: After starting the Network Connect VPN from the applications menu, the sign-in process fails and users are again prompted with the sign-in box.
- Workaround: The Network Connect VPN can be started instead by opening Safari and going to the VPN login page at https://cuvpn.colorado.edu.
- Resolution: This issue has been resolved with the release of Mac Java version 1.6.0_33.