Getting Started with Network Connect
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to an issue with Safari and Network Connect, Mac OSX 10.9 users (possibly other OSX users, if using Java 1.7.0_45) cannot install Network Connect through the traditional installation method. Refer to the Manually Install Network Connect tutorial to learn how to install the Network Connect DMG manually.
About Your Connection
With this standard connection through Network Connect:
- Your network traffic will be routed through CU-Boulder.
- You should be able to:
- Access all libraries resources.
- Access file servers.
- SSH, remote desktop, CIFS, NFS
- If you are unable to gain access to an on-campus resource with this connection, talk to the administrator of that resource. Refer them to the help information on the support page.
- You can still access your home networked devices, like a networked printer.
- Access ISIS administrative tools from off-campus.
- Your external traffic is routed through CU-Boulder as well (like GMail and Facebook). Please review the following policies:
- Your IP address is located in CU-Boulder's public IP space.