One-Time Password Authentication - Tips and Tricks
Last Updated: 07/17/2013
Your authenticator has stopped working
- Possible problems may include:
- Authenticator failure
- The authenticator battery may have died
- The authenticator's clock might have drifted in which case it will need to be replaced.
- Contact the IT Service Center for help. The IT Service Center will make sure you are using the authenticator assigned to you and lead you through a test login to verify that the device requires replacement.
Entering the credentials quickly before the password expires
- The six digit password is only active for 32 seconds. Here's a tip that can help you authenticate successfully in that time frame.
- Before pressing the button on your authenticator, enter your username and PIN into the application, that way you'll only need to enter the six digit password in that timeframe.