Identity Manager - Logging In
Last Updated: 07/17/2013
1. Log in with your IdentiKey
- On the login page, enter your CU Login Name and IdentiKey password in the designated fields and click Login.
- If you are new to campus, or have a new IdentiKey account, learn how to activate it.
- If you don't remember your IdentiKey password, click on Reset Password.
- After logging into Identity Manager you will see a screen that says “Your credential have been accepted. Please wait...” It can take 10 to 20 seconds or more to complete a login depending upon the number of secondary accounts you own and the number of people accessing the service at the moment. If you own more than 30 accounts you may find that you are unable to login to Identity Manager. If you find this to be the case, please contact the IT Service Center (contact information is below) to resolve this issue.
2. Set your authentication questions
- The first time you ever log in to Identity Manager, you will be prompted to answer a set of authentication questions. Select at least three questions to answer. If you ever need to reset your IdentiKey password, you will be prompted to answer these questions as part of the authentication process.
3. Manage your account
- Now, from the Account Management menu, you can select various ways to manage your online identity. Visit Account Management for additional instructions.