With the advent of our new learning management system, Desire2Learn (D2L), University of Colorado Boulder faculty have options for their fall semester online learning environment. CULearn is still available through myCUinfo; however, an enthusiastic transition to our new online learning environment, Desire2Learn, continues.
CULearn remains the default selection for this semester; however, both systems are available for use. Since faculty can choose which system to use, students may see courses in either or both systems.
Resources are available:
- CU-Boulder specific support materials for step-by-step CULearn use: http://oit.colorado.edu/services/teaching-learning-tools/culearn/help
- CU-Boulder specific support materials for step-by-step D2L use: http://oit.colorado.edu/d2l
- Hands-on Workshops: http://oit.colorado.edu/support-training/it-training/workshops
- Learning D2L - Resources, Tutorials, Videos: Once inside D2L, this library of resources is listed as a course, accessed through the D2L home page.
- D2L Help widget: Once inside D2L, this link is labeled “Desire2Learn Help” and is located in the bottom center of the home page.
- D2L Community Exchange: Once inside D2L, this area is for community discussion and peer help and is listed as a course, accessed through the D2L home page.
The large-scale, phased rollout of D2L will continue through the fall semester. During this phase, campus personnel will have the opportunity to deliver courses using D2L, participate in a variety of comprehensive training opportunities, work in D2L sandbox environments, and convert courses from CULearn into D2L. Additionally, OIT will focus on customizing our new features such as the e-portfolio platform, a learning repository, and several integrations with third party providers to meet the educational philosophy and pedagogical approaches of CU. More information about the implementation of the new online learning environment on the Boulder campus is available on the OIT website at http://oit.colorado.edu/projects/d2l.
Faculty considering using D2L in the spring should contact their respective Academic Technology Consultant (ATC) to discuss options to learn and play in the new environment. CULearn will continue to be available in the spring should you choose to remain with that platform; however, CULearn will not be available after the summer 2012 semester.