OIT Site Licensing has been monitoring progress of the renewal of the Microsoft Select Program with representatives from Colorado’s Division of Finance and Procurement and from Insight, the Microsoft licensing solution partner. We’ve learned that the renewal is still in negotiations at this time. The expected renewal date is still not pinned down, however it is likely to happen in the month of April.
Until that agreement is finalized, CU-Boulder is in a gap period where we are unable to purchase through the Microsoft Select Program.
Important things to note about this gap period:
- All current licenses and keys will continue to work.
- It isn’t possible to purchase new Software Assurance, and MSDN subscriptions will not be active. However, we have been reassured that that we will receive continuous coverage for existing maintenance.
Once the agreement is finalized:
- Insight will send out renewal paperwork immediately.
- Late fees and reinstatement fees are expected to be waived.
- The amended agreement will be called "Select Plus".
- Software Assurance will be prorated monthly rather than annually, OIT will provide updated monthly price lists.