- Calendar management
- The calendar management area contains tools for customizing how calendar content appears. From this area, you can:
- change the color scheme of individual courses
- import events from iCal files into the Calendar tool
- toggle calendars to display the courses you want to focus on
- subscribe to an iCal feed, which syncs the Calendar tool to your personal calendar
- view individual course schedules
- Calendar views
- The calendar views enable you to toggle between different display layouts for events in the calendar content area. Use the Agenda view to group your course events by Date, Course, or Type - events display in chronological order, and all-day events display at the top of each grouped listing. Use the List view to filter your events by Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, Surveys, Readings, and Classes/Units. The List view also enables you to make bulk changes to dates and visibility.
- Calendar content
- The calendar content area simply displays the events that exist in a calendar.
- Task Pane
- Use the Task pane to create and maintain personal task lists.
Access the Calendar tool
Do one of the following:
- Click Calendar on the top navigation bar.
- Click the Calendar icon in the Events or Calendar widget.
- Click an event in the Events widget.
Types of Calendar Events
Availability events indicate the availability and due dates of course objects in the Calendar tool. Once you are enrolled in a course, all objects for that course that you enable to display in the calendar will be visible. You can set due dates for course objects, edit, and delete availability events directly from the Calendar tool.
General (Content) events
These are events you create within the Calendar tool. You can create multiple events for the same course object, and include details of presenters, location, and seating chart for the event.