Projected End Date
Fall, 2014 for initial, phase one implementation
OIT will update and remediate deficiencies in its Identity Management (IdM) service by replacing the legacy Sun Identity Manager product with a new solution using the Oracle Identity Management Suite product. The work will be done in collaboration with UIS (University Information Systems), UCD (University of Colorado at Denver), and UCCS (University of Colorado at Colorado Springs).
- Enhanced workflows for managing persons, affiliations, users, entitlements, accounts and resources associated with identity management.
- Simplification of the login process, including a reduction of the number of login processes and passwords required.
- Simplification of the authentication and authorization process.
- Enhanced auto provisioning and deprovisioning based upon business roles, including a reduction in time required.
- Enhanced information regarding populations at all CU campuses and UIS.
- Ability to obtain a complete view of a university person, including affiliations and access privileges.
- Achievement of a shared service model implementation with university partners.
- Established process for “on-boarding” new services to be provisioned.
- June 2013 - October 2013: Business Requirements Gathering
- June 2013 - October 2013: Creation of and initial availability of development server environment and multi-campus IdM service center.
- July 2013 - January 2014: Oracle IdM product technical training consisting of multiple courses
- November 2013: Start of initial technical analysis and design activities using documented requirements
After business requirements have been gathered and the agreed to and approved scope of project is known, additional phases will be identified.