The Office of International Education (OIE) serves as the CU-Boulder campus coordinator for the U.S. Student Fulbright competition. In 2011 and 2013, we were recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a Top Producer of U.S. Fulbright students!
The CU-Boulder student deadline for applying for a 2015-2016 U.S. Student Fulbright Grant is Sept. 8, 2014!
What is the U.S. Student Fulbright Program? It is:
- the largest and most prestigious U.S. government international exchange program
- offers opportunities for students to undertake international graduate study, research, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools worldwide.
- awarded approximately six thousand grants in 2010, totaling more than $322.3 million, to U.S. students, teachers, professionals, and scholars
- sends U.S. awardees to study, teach, and conduct research in more than 155 countries
To be eligible for these grants, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen at the time of application
- have at least a bachelor's degree by the time the grant begins
- not have a terminal degree in your field (usually a PhD) at the time of application
What you need to know in order to apply:
- Current CU-Boulder students who wish to apply for a Fulbright must apply through the CU-Boulder Office of International Education (OIE).
- We also are available to assist CU-Boulder alumni with their applications.
- Nancy Vanacore is your front line Fulbright Program Advisor. You may contact her by email or by phone (303-492-6016) to get started with your application planning.
- We provide extensive advising for our Fulbright applicants, but it is up to you to contact us early to maximize this benefit.
- Also refer to Fulbright's excellent web site where you can find very helpful information about how to prepare your application to give you the best chance of success.
Assistance with your application: The Office of International Education offers CU applicants advice and coaching help you prepare your U.S. Student Fulbright application. We want CU applicants to be successful Fulbright awardees and are here to help you to the best of our abilities. Please contact us early and often, so that we can best assist you.
There are also extensive resources on the Fulbright web site (http://us.fulbrightonline.org/home.html) that we encourage you to take advantage of. You’ll find advice, webinars, peer advisors, and more on this site.
- The CU-Boulder campus deadline for application is: September 8, 2014 at 11:59 pm. By this deadline, you must have submitted your online Fulbright application, so that it can be reviewed at CU. Your recommendations should also have been received in the application system by this deadline.
- Campus interviews will take place in September/October 2014. We will contact you about your interview.
- The final Fulbright deadline will be in mid-October 2014. (We will post the actual date here once it has been determined.) You must have submitted your final online application by this deadline.