Mission Statement – why OIE exists
The mission of the Office of International Education (OIE) is to actively promote international and intercultural understanding and to enrich the academic and cultural environment of CU-Boulder by facilitating the exchange of people and ideas. OIE brings CU to the world and the world to CU.
Vision Statement – what success looks like
The CU-Boulder community (students, faculty and staff) has a broader world view, has a richer understanding of other cultures, and is more tolerant of differences, as a result of educational experiences offered by the Office of International Education.
Core Values – the context within which we do our work
- We value being a major contributor to the University’s mission of fostering critical thought and responsible global citizenship.
- We value students and their willingness to step beyond the safety of what they already know.
- We value what international students and scholars bring to the University’s learning environment.
- We value education in all forms; growth experiences; students learning from students; personal development; transformation.
- We value internationalism, intercultural awareness and communication, diversity and respect for other people and cultures.
- We value tolerance, open-mindedness and forward-thinking; we value creating world peace one student at a time.
- We value innovation, creativity and flexibility.
- We value professionalism, competence and a strong work ethic.
- We value teamwork, inclusiveness, mutual respect and community.
- We value humor, fun and optimism.