[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Student Social Climate Survey, Fall 2010
Self-Reported Records Data by Survey-Reported Racial-Ethnic Groups
These tables highlight the mapping of what students reported as their primary race/ethnicity on the CU Application for Admissions (RECORDS data, collected from a one-dimensional question with "International" as one value) compared with the racial/ethnic category or categories they selected on the survey's multi-dimensional question, with "not a U.S. citizen" from a separate question.
Number of respondents: Numbers across column cells are not mutually exclusive. For example, of the 429 students who are recorded as "Asian" in Records data, 401 of them selected "Asian" as at least one of their race/ethnic groups on the survey, and many of these same 401 students also selected White (e.g., n=117), and possibly one or more other groups.
Column Percents: This table shows, for example, that of the 677 respondents who selected "Asian" as one or more of their race/ethnicities on the Survey, 59% of these students also self-reported as "Asian" on the CU Application for Admissions (Records data). The remaining 41% of these respondents had selected a different race/ethnicity or student status on the CU Application--most of them "International" (30%).
*Records Data (from student applications for admissions): were minimally revised to re-assign values to those records that showed values as "Unknown" to values of the race or ethnicity they selected in the survey in answer to the two-part item, but ONLY if they selected either one primary race OR Hispanic origin. The tables also include additional information on whether respondents selected "Not a U.S. Citizen" on the survey, which matched closely to Records data, where 93% of them had recorded they were "International" students.
NOTE: Numbers and percents across columns of the Survey racial/ethnic categories are NOT mutually exclusive, since students could select more than one race/ethnicity on the survey. (See tables of number of racial/ethnic categories by survey respondents for further details.)
Run Date 09/23/2011 --L:\IR\survey\Climate\Climate10\RaceEthDemogs\Demog_Table_RaceEth.sas (demographics_race_eth2a.htm)
Last revision 05/02/16
ODA Home | Institutional Research |   Reporting & Analytics |   Contact | Legal & Trademarks | Privacy
15 UCB, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309-0015, (303)492-8631
© Regents of the University of Colorado