The Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) is responsible for ensuring that reporting and deliverable requirements are completed to formally close an award. Here’s what you need to know:
- Generally, all projects must be closed out within 90 days of the award end date
- Requirements for award closeout are determined by Federal Agency standards and the specific award terms and conditions
- The OCG Closeout Specialist will support Principal Investigators (PIs) and departments with the administrative closeout of a sponsored award, including submission of final technical, progress, patent, and property reports
- Financial closeout of an award—including submission of financial reports and invoices—is managed by Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA)
- The PI, SPA Accountants, and OCG Compliance Officers may be required to complete and submit the specific the final reports described below:
Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA)
- Final Financial Reports
- PeopleSoft Closeout
- Final Invoices/Final Payment Requests
- Cost Share Fulfillment Reports
- ePERs Certification Reports
Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG)
- Subaward Closeout
- Final Property Reports
- Verification of Protocol Compliance
- Invention/New Technology Report
- Summary of Research Reports (for NASA awards ONLY)
- Award Release and Assignment
In addition to the Uniform Guidance requirements, the Grants Oversight and New Efficiency (GONE) Act became Public Law No. 114-117 on January 28, 2016. This Act was implemented by Congress to ensure the timeliness of agency closeout for expired grants. Agencies are now required to annually submit a report to Congress that includes a list of the 30 oldest Federal grants that have not been closed. Institutions identified on this delinquency report could experience adverse funding impacts, so it is essential that CU Boulder remain in compliance with all reporting requirements.
If you have questions regarding this or any other Closeout Reporting requirements, send an email to email@example.com.
PIs and Department Administrators will receive automatic notifications at 90, 60, and 30 days before their award end dates.