With many students planning to leave campus during Thanksgiving break (Nov. 23 - Dec. 1), please take a moment to review some general reminders. Also, if you plan to remain on campus, please review the campus operations information.
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off your property. Snow must be removed within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Party Registration will run over Thanksgiving Break, however registrations must be made by Wednesday, Nov. 27, at noon. The office will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28-29.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items like laptops away from windows where they may be visible.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature; about 60 degrees.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
- Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Unplug lights, computers, and appliances (except refrigerators) to conserve energy and also for safety.
- Take valuables (like jewelry) with you if at all possible.
- Secure your vehicles and bicycles in your approved parking area.
- Turn your heater to the low setting where possible. At Williams Village, turn your fan to the low setting.
- Please remove any garbage before leaving.
If you plan to remain on campus during the break, please review the following information.
- Do not prop doors open.
- Report strangers to your RA, the hall office, or UCPD at 303-492-6666.
- Always keep your doors and windows locked.
- Keep bicycles and vehicles secure.
- C4C will be open for dinner from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 22. This is the only dining center open for dinner on the last day before break.
- Libby Hall will be open during the following days/times - Hours of operation Nov. 23 - Dec. 1 for 12-month meal plans, off-campus meal plans and campus community members using Campus Cash only. Nov. 25 - 27, 7 - 9 a.m./11 a.m. - 1 p.m./5 - 7 p.m.; Nov. 28 - 29 closed; Nov. 30 - Dec. 1, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m./5 - 7 p.m.
- The Bakery will be open Nov. 25 - 27, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- WeatherTech Cafe will close for Thanksgiving break on Nov. 21 at 2 a.m. and will reopen on Dec. 1 at 4 p.m.
- The dining centers will reopen for normal hours on Monday, Dec. 2.
- For additional dining questions, please call 303-492-MEAL.
Buff Bus Operations
- The Buff Bus will not be running from Sunday, Nov. 24 through Friday, Nov. 29. Regular service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 30. On Saturday, Nov. 23, there will be limited service.
- Library hours during Thanksgiving break.
- Eat, play, study, relax at the UMC during break, M-W, Nov. 25 - 27, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. For more information visit http://umc.colorado.edu/.