The University of Colorado hosts Arizona State University for a nationally televised game on Thursday, Oct. 11, and CU students will have numerous campus events to choose from before and after the game.
The Residence Hall Association Xtravaganza, to be held in the Center for Community, will feature free events before and after the game.
“The RHA Xtravaganza is a Thursday night home football game tradition that provides CU students in the residence halls and with campus meal plans a great opportunity, before and after the game, to eat tasty food, participate in interactive activities with their peers, get ready for the game as well as have something fun to do afterward, and the list goes on,” said John Henderson, Assistant Director of Residence Life at CU-Boulder. “It’s a festive event made possible through a collaborative effort that includes residence hall student leaders and Dining Services with support from The Herd and CUSG.”
Also, join The Herd for the CU vs. ASU pregame at Benson Field three hours before kickoff. There will be free food and free Herd gear for Herd members, games for all and fun. Come check out all that the Alumni Association has to offer. The marching band will perform, and you can say hello to Ralphie and take a picture with Alphie, the huge inflatable buffalo. Don’t forget to bring your Herd card.
Events in C4C include:
- 4:30-6:30 p.m., face painters, photo booth, carnival games with prizes including t-shirts, beads, glow sticks.
- 5-7 p.m., live music in the tumble weed room.
- 10-11:30 p.m., henna artists, caricature and photo booth in the atrium.
- 10:30 p.m., wii dance competition in the lobby outside the dining hall.
- 11:30 p.m. to midnight, Left Right Tim Improv show in Abrahams Lounge.
The events are open to all students with a campus meal plan.