The Faculty Council Women’s Committee announces a call for proposals for the CU Women Succeeding 11th Annual Professional Development Symposium.
The Symposium starts at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21 and concludes at 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, 2013. It will be held at the University Memorial Center, University of Colorado Boulder.
The Committee welcomes proposals for workshops, roundtables, book discussions, panels, and other interactive and innovative formats focused on the theme of “Opening Doors: Navigating your Professional Journey” for the Friday sessions. Proposals should address the interests and concerns of CU women faculty and staff and can also address broader educational/professional-development issues related to women in academia and beyond.
We additionally welcome proposals for poster presentations during the Thursday, Feb. 21 opening celebration.
Each proposal must include contact information for a primary organizer, who will be responsible for the content and recruitment of additional presenters for the session.
Proposals must include:
- Title of presentation
- Summary of presentation to be printed in Symposium brochure (100 words or less, please)
- Brief description of proposed topic and how it relates to the “Opening Doors: Navigating your Professional Journey” theme (200 words)
- One to three specific learning objectives for participants
- Time block preference (indicate preference for 45 or 90 minutes)
- Names of each presenter (if more than one)
- Contact information for principal presenter; CU campus and department; title; email address; phone number.
- Technology resources needed
The deadline for submission is Monday, Nov. 26, 2012. The selection process will be completed and presenters notified by early December. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To submit your proposal please go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DGGM9WM