The CU-Boulder Police Department is giving away free bike U-locks.
Bike theft continues to be the No. 1 crime on campus, and we need your help to deter thieves. Don’t become a target.
- Register your bicycle with the Environmental Center. Set up an appointment at http://ecenter.colorado.edu/transportation/bike/mobile-mechanic. A registration sticker will be affixed to your frame, and your bike’s serial number will be recorded. If it’s stolen and later located anywhere in the United States, you’ll have a better chance of it being returned to you.
- Use a high-quality U-lock. They are more difficult to defeat than cable locks.
We’d like to help you get prepared. This week, we will be awarding 10 Kryptonite U-locks. Here’s how to win:
- Follow us on the CU-Boulder Police social media pages, where we offer crime alerts, crime prevention tips and other safety information you should know.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CUBoulderPolice. "Like" us on this page and leave a comment on our U-lock giveaway post and say why bike safety is important to you.
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/CUBoulderPolice. Follow us and send a tweet with @CUBoulderPolice in the message and say why bike safety is important to you.
- You must be a current CU-Boulder student. Past winners are not eligible. The contest ends at 11 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24. We’ll pick the winners and hand out the prizes.
Good luck and stay safe! For more bike safety tips, see http://bit.ly/CUBikeSafety.