On Wednesday, April 17, the Boulder Faculty Assembly (BFA) gathered to recognize the recipients of the 2012-2013 Faculty Excellence Awards. Each spring the BFA presents up to twelve members of the Boulder Faculty Senate with awards for faculty excellence, recognizing their outstanding work. The organization accepts nominees in three categories: excellence in the areas of teaching; service; and research, scholarly and creative work.
These awards are especially notable because Boulder campus colleagues make the nominations, as well as the selections of award recipients. Instructors are eligible to be nominated. Funded by the Office of the Chancellor, up to four awards are granted in each category.
2012-2013 Excellence Awardees in the areas of:
- John Cumalat, Physics
- Janet deGrazia, Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Hillary Potter, Sociology
- Eric Stade, Math & Libby Residential Program
- Christine Hrenya, Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Daphne Leong, Music
- Dragan Maksimovic, Electrical, Computer, & Energy Engineering
- Greg Tucker, Geological Sciences
Research, Scholarly and Creative work
- Carol Cleland, Philosophy
- Noah Fierer, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Kristine Larson, Aerospace Engineering
- Karl Linden, Civil, Environmental, & Architectural Engineering