On behalf of the Boulder Faculty Assembly's (BFA) Diversity Committee we would like to wish you a joyful and productive Spring semester at the University of Colorado Boulder. The BFA’s Diversity Committee addresses issues affecting faculty from historically under-represented groups and protected classes, including faculty with diverse gender identities, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, spiritualities, social-cultural backgrounds, and physical and cognitive abilities. The BFA’s Diversity Committee engages in this mission in following ways;
- We advise the University Executive Committee on issues of diversity through review of information on the continued recruitment and retainment of faculty from under-represented groups and protected classes, and inform faculty of these data.
- We draft resolutions about changes in policy, and underlying university structures, needed to improve equity.
- We distribute knowledge of diversity initiatives on campus.
- We assist with the diversity plan revisions.
- We recognize faculty champions for diversity to support departments diversity efforts.
- We work with the BFA’s staff to support the continued development of faculty on issues of equity and diversity.
For more information on continuing and future work of the BFA’s Diversity Committee, please see our website at: http://www.colorado.edu/bfa/committees/diversity.html
Please feel free to contact us to become involved with the committee, if you have any questions or concerns about equity and diversity at the University of Colorado at Boulder, or if you have suggestions on how to improve our work.
The Diversity Committee
Boulder Faculty Assembly
University of Colorado Boulder
Co-Chairs, Jennifer Knievel and Ruth Ellen Kocher