Requirements for the Undergraduate Certificate in Neuroscience
The NSci Certificate requirements are:
- General Chemistry with lab (e.g., CHEM 1111
- Organic Chemistry with lab (e.g., CHEM 3311
- General Physics with lab (e.g., PHYS 2010
- Biological Psychology (PSYC 2012 or a similar course at another
- Introduction to Molecular Biology with lab
(MCDB 1150 or EBIO 1210 or a similar course)
- General Genetics (EBIO 2070 or MCDB 2150 or IPHY 4200 or a similar course
at another campus)
- Statistics (PSYC 3101 or IPHY 2800 or EBIO 4410 or MATH 2510
or a similar course)
- At least two additional upper-division neuroscience/behavior
courses in EBIO, IPHY, MCDB, PSYC and/or another department (see
Table 1 (PDF) for a listing); one of these
courses has to be outside
the home department. In
the case of double majors, one advanced
neuroscience course from each major department fulfills this requirement
if it is listed on Table 1 (PDF).
- All courses have to be taken for a letter grade (no pass/fail).
- Finally, an overall grade point average of 3.2 or better.