The voice department at the University of Colorado Boulder offers a wide array of undergraduate and graduate degrees with focuses in the following areas:
CU-Boulder offers the following undergraduate degrees in vocal studies:
- BM in Voice Performance
- BM in Voice Performance with Musical Theater electives
- BME in Music Education (Choral Music)
- BME in Music Eduation (General Choral Music)
- BA in Music with voice emphasis
In addition to study in the fundamentals of vocal production, voice students are introduced to repertory in various languages. Courses in style and diction are supplemented by foreign language study. During the four years, all undergraduates in voice performance and music education receive a one-hour private lesson and a one-hour performance class each week.
For more information about undergraduate admissions and audition requirements/dates, please visit the Undergraduate Admissions page.
CU-Boulder offers the following graduate degrees in vocal and choral studies:
- MM in voice performance
- MM in voice performance and pedagogy
- MM in voice performance with choral conducting emphasis
- MM in choral conducting
- MM in choral conducting with secondary voice performance emphasis
- DMA in voice performance and pedagogy
- DMA in choral conducting
- Professional Certificate in Opera and Solo Vocal Performance
For more information about Graduate admissions and audition requirements/dates, please visit the Graduate Admissions page.