University of Colorado Boulder ASTA Mission Statement:
The University of Colorado Boulder American String Teachers Association promotes excellence in string and orchestra teaching and playing. ASTA pursues its mission through:
- An open sharing of ideas;
- Benefits, services and activities responsive to the needs of all members;
- Development of strong state leadership and chapters;
- Enhancement of the image and visibility of string teaching and study;
- Advocacy for string education;
- An inclusive community of string teachers and players.
Membership in the University of Colorado Boulder Student ASTA chapter is open to all students interested in string playing and teaching, at or below the graduate level.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA’s members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues from throughout the string profession.
Check the ASTA bulletin board or our Facebook page for membership forms and for the latest events!
President: Hannah Smith
Vice President: Cameron May
Treasurer: Ann Thomas
Secretary: Amanda Johnson
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Margaret Berg