|ENROLLMENT AND PROFICIENCY||CONTACT|
|MS BAND AUDITION EXCERPTS||ACADEMY INSTRUCTION|
|MS ORCHESTRA AUDITION EXCERPTS|
Middle School Music Jr. Academy: June 21-26, 2015
Registration and Fee Deadlines:
• RESIDENT: Registration deadline for the Middle School Music Academy is Monday, June 8, 2015.
• COMMUTER: Registration deadline for the Middle School Music Academy is June 15, 2015.
• Full Camp fee is due when check into camp, either, June 21st, 2015 or
June 23nd for commuters.
• To secure your spot a non-refundable $150 deposit is required with your registration.
• To secure your spot in the Middle School Summer Music Academy Band
or Orchestra, please send both your registration and
non-refundable deposit of $150 to:
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Boulder, CO 80309-0301
What Fees include:
• Commuter fee includes: instruction, camp T-shirt, all lunches
• Residential fee includes: instruction, camp T-shirt, room, all meals
• Lost room key fee (to be collected at the time of loss): $10-50
• Lost Meal Card fee (to be collected at the time of loss): $5-15
• Property Damage (where applicable): Case-by-case Determination
All refunds are by university check unless your payment has yet to be processed; otherwise the check will be voided and returned to you. Refunds take 4-6 weeks for processing. Prior to June 2nd, there is a $150 fee for refunds issued as a result of cancellation for any reason. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after June 9th.
The Middle School Academy is open to graduates of grades 6,7, and 8. Enrollment is open to anyone enrolled in a school band and/or orchestra class (max enrollment for the band is 80 students and max enrollment for the orchestra is 80 students). There are no auditions for enrollment. However, there will be auditions for seating during the first full day of camp.
Enrollment, while open to everyone that meets eligibility requirements, is limited to 160 students. In the unlikely event enrollment is full; all subsequent registrants will be placed on a waiting list. If a spot comes open, we will notify you of the opening no later than June 9th.
Unfortunately, The University of Colorado Summer Music Academy is unable to provide financial aid for camp at this time. However, we will notify registered campers when aid might become available and provide scholarship applications. Students often receive scholarships from local music or civic organizations, such as band booster organizations, youth symphonies, etc. Ask your director/teacher about scholarship opportunities in your area. If monies for financial aid from the Summer Music Academy become available in the future, you will be notified.
Assembled for their talent, teaching ability, dedication, and enthusiasm for music, distinguished music professionals from across the country participate in the University of Colorado Summer Music Academies. They include world-renowned conductors, CU professors, middle school and high school teachers, master class and elective teachers, administrators, and outstanding undergraduate and graduate students who serve as counselors and mentors. Together, their knowledge and experience support an extraordinary educational opportunity where students build confidence and develop good habits and attitudes that shape their future.