Internship in Music Business
Upper Division undergraduate students (or by approval of ECM Director), and graduate students
1-3 elective credit hours per semester
Gives upper division students the opportunity to work in public or private organizations on assignments relating to their career goals, and allows them to explore the relationship between theory and practice in their major. May be repeated for a total of 6 credit hours.
How to Register:
- Decide how much time you have to work in your internship. One credit hour requires 48 hours of work per semester. Two credits = 96 hours of work. Three credits = 144 hours of work.
- Meet with the Director of the Entrepreneurship Center for Music and course instructor, to get internship approval.
- Be entrepreneurial and find a sponsor. Have your résumé and cover letter ready should your sponsor request one.
- Complete the internship contract and return it to the ECM before the internship begins.
- If you have been approved, complete the registration form (available in the College of Music Office) and register for the course MUSC 4908.
- Be prepared to begin your internship in the first week of the new semester.