With a faculty instructor’s approval, music majors may register for private music lessons during the summer. Students may also register for any level of a PMUS course, as appropriate, including Music Theory, History of Jazz, Music Appreciation and more. Only regular College of Music faculty will teach under this special summer program. Graduate assistants teach only during the fall and spring semesters.
- You may earn 2 to 4 credit hours per course
- Each credit hour represents 3 hours of instruction
- Tuition cost is $401 per credit hour
Summer Session Schedule
- Term M: Maymester – May 25-June 2, 2017
- Term A: June 5-July 7, 2017
- Term B: July 11-Aug. 11, 2017
- Term C: June 5-July 28, 2017
- Term D: June 5-Aug. 11, 2017
- Term G: Augmester – Aug 7-24, 2017
- Fill out the Approval Form with the assistance of your instructor.
- Come to the Division of Continuing Education (CE) to register and pay your tuition. If you choose not to pay tuition at the time of registration, it is your responsibility to determine Continuing Education tuition deadlines and pay by the deadline.
- Once registered with CE, students may request access to practice rooms and lockers in the Imig Music Building. Students will need to show their receipt as proof of registration to the office staff in the College of Music, fill out a Practice Room Agreement Form, and have the staff initialize their Buff OneCard to access the practice room corridors.
- Upon completion of the course, the faculty member will submit the grade via email to CERecords@Colorado.EDU. Questions or comments may be directed to CE Enrollment Services at 303-492-5148.
To see 2017 College of Music summer course offerings, scroll to page 11 of the Summer 2017 Course Catalog.