Looking to hire a CU student to perform at your event? CU GIGS is the place! We maintain an extensive database of talented, professional music students available for hire, and we are happy to provide referrals.
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Date and time of event
- Type of event (i.e. wedding reception, holiday party, memorial service, etc.) and purpose of music (ceremonial, party background, recital, etc.)
- Type/genre of music (traditional wedding, classical, jazz, etc.)
- Note: Most of our musicians are classically trained performers or jazz musicians. While you are free to request pop and alternative requests, there is a much lower chance that we will be able to fulfill your request.
- Number of instrumentalists and type of instrumentation (string quartet, jazz trio, solo harpist, etc.). If you’re not sure, we can help you determine what’s best for your needs!
- Length of time the musician or musicians will be playing
- Amount of compensation available
- Note: A common starting rate for a background music gig is $100/hour/musician, but the final rate is unique for each event and musician. We’re happy to talk with you to find a solution that fits your needs, but please note that we do not book unpaid gigs under any circumstance. For charitable events, we will advertise your request as a volunteer opportunity without any guarantees of referrals.
Important: If possible, please request musicians at least 30 days in advance. For holiday engagements and for events during school breaks and the summer, we recommend contacting us at least two months in advance. We will do our best to fill emergency requests, but there is no guarantee we will be able to do so.
Once all of the above information is received, the CU GIGS music referral coordinator will be in contact within 2-3 business days to assist you and provide the appropriate musician referrals for your event.
To hire a collaborative pianist, please contact Professor Margaret McDonald.