The University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a Director of Admissions and Recruitment in the College of Music. The College of Music’s mission embodies a commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, creative work and service; an investment in programs representing both tradition and innovation; a spirit of collaboration and a focus on student learning, well-being and career success. The Director of Admissions and Recruitment will coordinate the College of Music’s undergraduate and graduate admissions and recruitment efforts, in order to maintain and build upon current quantitative and qualitative goals, and participate in the college’s enrollment management program, including its retention efforts. This position involves participation in the development and administration of admission policies and procedures and the management and coordination of admissions-related programs and activities. The college currently enrolls 550 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, and graduate certificates.
As the Director of Admissions and Recruitment in the College of Music, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan using a variety of communications tools and outreach efforts to produce robust inquiry and applicant pools annually.
- Manage all front-end admissions procedures, including coordinating prospective student visits, managing the scheduling of auditions, and organizing audition days.
- Serve as a visible member of the University in order to manage long-range applicant pools throughout potential students’ middle and high school careers, including representation of the College of Music at campus wide admissions events and performing arts recruiting fairs, and visiting key partner high schools periodically.
- In support of the Associate Deans for undergraduate and graduate studies, the Director will participate in backend admissions procedures, including systematic follow up communications to admitted students.
- Assist the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Recruitment in assessing the effectiveness of current recruitment strategies and create new systems to assist the faculty in its local, regional, national, and international recruiting efforts. Coordinate special events that serve recruitment (such as visits from high school music ensembles).
- Additionally, the Director will serve on the College’s strategic communications team and assist with developing content for advertising, printed materials, and web based communications directed at prospective students.
What you should know
- Some travel will be required.
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree in music, communications, business/marketing or a related field.
- At least two years of full-time work experience in recruitment, admissions or academic services, in a higher education institution.
What you will need
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to build relationships both internal and external to the university.
- A strong sense of technological fluency to support web based admissions programs and electronic- and social-media-based communications with prospective students.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation.
What we’d like you to have
- A master’s degree in related field.
- A degree in music and/or significant, advanced experiences in music.
- Five years of work experience in a relevant higher education administrative setting, such as a college of music or admissions.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
The salary range for this position is $46,000-$55,000. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado also offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.
Please submit the following online by April 30, 2017.
- A current resume/CV.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Note: Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09196. Please do not upload references at this time.
View the full listing >>