Fall Admission only. The MENV degree is cohort-based, starting in August and ending in December the following year. There are no exceptions to this rule.
The online application will open for Fall 2017 applications on July 15, 2016.
Fall 2017 Deadlines:
- International Students Priority Deadline: December 1, 2016
- Domestic Students Priority Deadline: December 15, 2016
- Final Deadline: Rolling admissions until May 1, 2017 or cohort is filled (Note: We strongly encourage all potential applicants to apply by December 15 for full consideration. Space is limited for this competitive program, and we will prioritize those applicants who make the December 15 deadline.)
- For the financial assistance application deadline, contact the Financial Aid Office
- Review the MENV Supplemental Information Form for more information and directions before beginning your application. Your application is not considered complete until this form is uploaded with your Graduate Admissions application. Please read the directions and submit both pages.
- Online application: You must apply through CU-Boulder Graduate Admissions. Review their How to Apply information before starting the process. There can be a 72-hour delay from the time you request to open an application to the time you are able to enter it. Please plan in advance. If you open an account the day the application is due, you will not make the deadline. International applicants must follow the directions on the International Admissions web site. International students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL test.
- Provide your GRE scores. This is strongly recommended but not required. Fall 2017 applications: to ensure review, GRE scores must be submitted to CU-Boulder by January 15, 2017.
- Two (2) recommendation letters are required - submit online (preferred) or directly to Graduate Admissions. Fall 2017 applications: to ensure review, recommendations must be received by January 15, 2017. Please be aware that the online application does not generate requests for recommendations until you submit the application and pay the fee. You should plan to submit your application with enough time for your recommenders to write and submit their letters. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Provide two personal statements (required as part of the online application):
- Essay 1: Personal Information. Discuss your background, academic or personal achievements, life experiences, etc. that have helped shape who you are today. (750 words)
- Essay 2: Statement of Purpose. Discuss what your primary interests are and what you hope to accomplish. Elaborate on why the MENV can help you achieve your future goals. (500 words)
- (Essay 3: For those applying for the Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation specialization) Describe your idea. This specialization requires that applicants submit a description of the idea that they wish to develop throughout the 17-month program. The idea must be a project, program, service, product, non-profit, or private venture that addresses social and/or environmental challenges. Applicants must provide a tentative title and a description of their idea, including problem/challenge to be addressed, the proposed approach/potential solution to that problem/challenge; and expected outcomes). The student's idea can be an existing idea, or something brand new that could be implemented by a government or non-profit organization; a new product that will be marketed and sold by a private company; a new non-profit or private enterprise that delivers a specific service or range of services; or a new programmatic effort designed to achieve corporate sustainability. We seek a clear presentation of the idea, the problem or challenge that the idea seeks to address, and the expected outcomes if the idea were to be implemented. (750 words)
- An unofficial transcript from each institution attended (including work that appears as transfer credit on a later transcript) should be uploaded to your on-line application. Fall 2016 applications: To ensure review, transcripts for domestic applicants must be received by January 15, 2017. Transcripts from international applications must be received by December 15, 2016. Instructions for Uploading Unofficial Transcripts to Your Application
Applicants are responsible for submitting all the required materials, including the application fee, by the due dates listed above. Applications that are incomplete on the due date may not be reviewed.
Priority application decisions are made and applicants notified by March 1, 2017. Track your application.
If you have questions about the online application process, please read the Online Admissions Application FAQ, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For information on the status of your application, including supporting materials, please check your account at MyCUBoulder.