Undergraduate Curriculum Learning Objectives
MCEN 3122 - Thermodynamics 2
- Students will be able to determine nonreacting gas mixture properties and perform energy analyses on gas mixtures.
- Students will be able to analyze reacting (i.e. combustion) systems from a First and Second Thermodynamic Law perspective.
- Students will be able to apply psychrometrics to heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Students will be able to apply fundamentals of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics to compressible flow systems.
- Students will be able to apply fundamentals of fluid machinery (pumps, fans, compressors, turbines) to design problems.
Prerequisite: MCEN 2023 Statics and Structures