- Ph.D., Polymer Science, University of Akron, 2005
- M.S., Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, Fudan University, 2001
- B.S., Polymer Science and Engineering, Fudan University, 1998
- Travel award for Graduate Research Symposium and Gordon Research Conference of 2007 Polymer West.
- Chairís travel award in 2004 for Gordon Research Conference on Polymer Physics.
- Best Research Presentation for Department of Polymer Science, University of Akron, 2004.
- Kodak-Eastman Scholarship for outstanding graduate student research of 2000.
- Renming Scholarship, Fudan University, from 1994 to 1998.
- Structure and dynamics of glass formers in bulk and under confinement
- Fabrication and characterization of nanostructured materials
- Stability and Instability of the polymer nanostructures
- Inelastic light/neutron scattering spectroscopy
- Nanoimprint Lithography
- C. Soles, Y. Ding, Material Science: Nanoscale Polymer Processing, Science 322, 689-690 (2008).
- H. Patrick, T. Germer, Y. Ding, H. Ro, L. Richter, C. Soles, Scatterometry for in-situ measurement of annealing-induced decay in nanoimprinted polymer gratings, Applied Physics Letters 93, 233105 (2008).
- Y. Ding, H. Ro, K. J. Alvine, B. C. Okerberg, J. Zhou, J. F. Douglas, A. Karim, C. L. Soles, Nanoimprint lithography and the role of viscoelasticity in the generation of residual stress in model polystyrene patterns, Advanced Functional Materials, 18, 1854-1862 (2008).
- Y. Ding, H. Ro, J. F. Douglas, B. C. Okerberg, A. Karim, C. L. Soles, Relaxation behavior of polymer nanostructures fabricated by Nanoimprint lithography, ACS Nano 1, 84-92 (2007).
- Y. Ding, H. Ro, J. F. Douglas, R. L. Jones, A. Karim, C. L. Soles, Polymer viscoelasticity and residual stress effects on nanoimprint lithography, Advanced Materials 19, 1377-1382 (2007).
- Y. Ding, A. P. Sokolov, Breakdown of time-temperature superposition principle and the universality of chain relaxation, Macromolecules 39, 3322-3326 (2006).
- V. N. Novikov, Y. Ding, A. P. Sokolov, Correlation of fragility of supercooled liquids with elastic properties of glasses, Physical Review E 71, 061510 (2005).
- Y. Ding, V. N. Novikov, A. P. Sokolov, R. Casalini, C. M. Roland, Observation of chain dynamics in depolarized light scattering spectra, Macromolecules 37, 9273-9278 (2004).
- Y. Ding, V. N. Novikov, A. P. Sokolov, A. Cailliaux, C. Dalle-Ferrier, C. Alba-Simionesco, B. Frick, Influence of molecular weight on fast dynamics and fragility of polymers, Macromolecules 37, 9764-9772 (2004).
- Y. Ding, A. Kisliuk, A. P. Sokolov, When does a molecule become a polymer, Macromolecules 37, 161-166 (2004).