Instructor, Colorado Mesa University
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2009
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado at Denver, 2003
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, 1997
- Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation, 2009
- Mechanical Characterization of Polymers
- Thermo-mechanical Behavior of Shape Memory Polymers
- Constitutive Model Implementation of Shape Memory Polymers
- F. Castro, K.K. Westbrook, J. Hermiller, D.U. Ahn, Y. Ding, H.J. Qi, 2009. Time and Temperature Dependent Recovery of Epoxy-Based Shape Memory Polymers. Submitted.
- F. Castro, K.K. Westbrook, K.N. Long, R. Shandas, H.J. Qi, 2009. Effects of thermal rates on the thermomechanical behaviors of amorphous shape memory polymers. Mech Time-Depend Mater. Accepted.
- K.K. Westbrook, F. Castro, K.N. Long, A.J. Slifka, H.J. Qi, 2009. Improved testing system for thermomechanical experiments on polymers using uniaxial compression equipment. Polymer Testing. Accepted.
- T. D. Nguyen, H. J. Qi, F. Castro, K.N. Long, 2008. A thermoviscoelastic model for amorphous shape memory polymers: Incorporating structural and stress relaxation, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 56: 2792-2814
- H.J. Qi, T.D. Nguyen, F. Castro, C. Yakacki, R. Shandas, 2008. Finite Deformation ThermoMechanical Behavior of Thermally Induced Shape Memory Polymers, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 56:1730-1751.