Ph.D. California, Irvine, 1971
- Math 218
- Mailing address:
- Marty Walter
- Department of Mathematics
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Campus Box 395
- Boulder, CO 80309-0395
- Research interests:
- W* and C* Algebras, Harmonic Analysis, Environmental Modeling
- Select Publications
1. Earthquakes, Weatherquakes, Mathematics and Climate Change, \jour Notices of the American Math. Society, Volume 47, Number 10, November 2010.
2.Mathematics for the Environment,
CRC Press, Taylor \& Francis Group, A Chapman \& Hall Book, Boca Raton, FL, 2011.
3. Explicit Duality for Finite Groups (with Robert A. Cohen). American Mathematical Society Contemporary Mathematics Series, 414, 2006, 87-96.
4. Introduction to the Mathematics of Populations, Infections and Invasions. Math. Association of America, January 2003.
5. Algebraic Structures Determined by 3 by 3 Matrix Geometry. Proceedings of the American Math. Society, 13 (2003), No. 7, 2129-2131.
6. Self-Organized Criticality and the Atmospheric Sciences: Selected Review, New Findings and Future Directions XE Extreme Events: Developing a Research Agenda for the 21st Century, (with Suraje Dessai). National Center for Atmospheric Research, August 2000, 34--44