Ph.D. Penn State, 1981
- Math 251
- Mailing address:
- Robert Tubbs
- Department of Mathematics
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Campus Box 395
- Boulder, CO 80309-0395
- Number Theory, especially Transcendental Number Theory and Diophantine Approximation, and the Intellectual History of Mathematical Ideas
- Select Publications
1. "What is a Number? Mathematical Concepts and Their Origins, " The Johns Hopkins University Press, December 2008.
2. "Making Transcendence Transparent: An intuitive approach to classical transcendental number theory, " (with Edward Burger), Springer, 2004.
3. Analytic subgroups of t-modules, Trans. Am. Math. Soc., 349, 1997, 2605-2617.
4. Gelfond's theorem for Drinfeld modules (with W.D. Brownawell and P.G. Becker), Mich. Math. J., 41, 1994, 219-233.
5. A diophantine problem on elliptic curves, Trans. Am. Math. Soc., 309, 1988, 325-338.