Ph.D. Penn State, 1981
- Math 251
- Mailing address:
- Robert Tubbs
- Department of Mathematics
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Campus Box 395
- Boulder, CO 80309-0395
- Number Theory, especially Transcendental Number Theory, the Intellectual History of Mathematical Ideas and Mathematics and the Humanities.
- Select Publications
- "Mathematics in Twentieth-Century Literature and Art: Content, Form, Meaning," The Johns Hopkins University Press, June 2014.
- "Hilbert's Seventh Problem: Solutions and extensions," (In Press) IMSc Lecture Notes, Chennai, India, 2014.
- Well-approximated points on linear extensions of elliptic curves (with Deanna Caveny), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol 138, 2010, pages 2745-2754.
- "What is a Number? Mathematical Concepts and Their Origins," The Johns Hopkins University Press, December 2008.
- "Making Transcendence Transparent: An intuitive approach to classical transcendental number theory," (with Edward Burger), Springer, 2004.