When new, Woodbury was described as the finest men's dorm west of the Mississippi, with steam heat, electric lights, and hot and cold running water.
The students who lived in Woodbury considered themselves "the select of the school, the greatest athletes, the most prominent students in Boulder—captains of the football team, presidents of the study body, glee club, and baseball men!"
Named for Roger Williams Woodbury, a CU regent from 1884 to 1890, Woodbury served as a temporary hospital during the 1918 influenza epidemic, which claimed 19 lives.
The building was converted to academic uses in the 1920s, first housing the business school. In 1999, Woodbury was comprehensively renovated when the attached Eaton Humanities Building was built.