The Women’s Law Caucus (WLC) sponsors and provides events, activities, and information about issues affecting women in the legal profession. In addition, WLC hosts several social events throughout the year, allowing students to get to know each other, community professionals, and law school faculty. Though the WLC provides information about women, membership and participation are open to both male and female students, faculty and staff, and community members.
To get involved, a student can attend general meetings, attend and/or participate in the sponsored events, sign up on TWEN, and volunteer for one of our many committees. During Spring Semester, students have the opportunity to run for a board position to become even more involved with the organization.
- Used Bookstore: The WLC operates a year-round consignment bookstore, offering students an affordable alternative for buying textbooks, study guides, and supplemental materials. Bookstore hours are below.
- Women in Law Panel and other brown bag lunches and speakers on a variety of topics related to women’s issues.
- Mentor/Mentee Program: WLC pairs incoming students second and third year students who serve as mentors. There is a kickoff event at the beginning of Fall Semester as well as additional events later in the year.
- Women in Law Day (WILD): WLC sponsors a visit and informational conference for women interested in the legal profession; activities include panel discussions, prominent guest speakers, and a mock law school class
- Summer Fellowship: WLC annually awards a fellowship to a 1L or 2L who will be volunteering in some capacity regarding women’s issues.
WLC Executive Board 2013-2014:
WLC Bookstore Hours:
- Mondays 10:15-12:15 PM
- Tuesdays 2:30-4:30 PM
- Wednesdays 3:30-5:30 PM
- Thursdays 2:30-4:30 PM
- Fridays 12:00-2:00 PM
- Click here to find us on TWEN