The Latino Law Students Association (LLSA) serves as a conduit for a collective Latina/o law student voice at the University of Colorado. We are a non-partisan organization driven by a progressive agenda that protects and advances the civil rights of the Latina/o at CU Law and in our community. We are dedicated to promoting and sustaining the academic success and professional development of Latina/o law students. We recognize that we cannot merely seek achievement for ourselves and forget about the progress and prosperity of our community; we are one and the same.
Our goals are to:
- Articulate and promote the academic and professional needs and goals of Latina and Latino Law Students;
- Influence the legal community to effectuate positive and substantive change in the fields of legal education and the representation of the Latino community;
- Instill within the Latina and Latino Law Student and Attorney the need to use her/his professional status to effectuate positive change within the Latino community; and
- Establish strong, sustainable and respectful coalitions with students, attorneys, and organizations of color; and other organizations and individuals that espouse the goals that LLSA represents.
- Outlining and exam taking tips session
- Lunch with Administrative Law Judges
- Mentor/ Mentee program with the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Annual Cabin Retreat
- Lunch with Dean Wiser
- Annual 1L Welcome BBQ
- Summer "mixer" with Denver-area specialty bars
- Lunch panel with attorneys from the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Click here to visit our national affiliate website
- Click here to find us on TWEN