The Black Law Students Association (BLSA) assists black students through academic and mentoring programs, jointly-sponsored activities, and events with other law student organizations. CU BLSA supports our student members through tighter alliances with CU Law School faculty and administration, DU Law School BLSA, and the Sam Cary Bar Association. CU BLSA also interacts with the community through networking and community service projects in the Denver/Boulder metropolitan area.
CU BLSA is open to all CU Law students. All students are invited to attend and participate in our meetings and programs.
- Holiday Jazz Concert (featuring an 18-piece jazz band performing Duke Ellington’s Nutcracker Suite)
- International Book Drive (raised over 300 books towards the creation of a library at the Harare Institute of Technology)
- 40thAnnual Sam Cary Scholarship Gala (three BLSA students received Sam Cary Scholarships)
- Voter Registration FAC (co-sponsored by LLSA, OUTLaw, and APALSA)
- Welcome Back Barbecue
- Welcome Back Retreat at Lucky Strike
- Genet Tekeste, President, Class of 2014, Genet.Tekeste@colorado.edu
- Xakema Henderson, Vice President, Class of 2014, Xakema.Henderson@colorado.edu
- India Kidd-Aaron, Treasurer, Class of 2014, India.KiddAaron@colorado.edu
- Darryl Brazley, Secretary, Class of 2014, Darryl.Brazley@colorado.edu
- Click here to visit our website
- Click here to visit our national affiliate website
- Click here to find us on TWEN
- Click here to join us on Facebook