1L Legal Writing and Research Resources
Use this page to:
- Access your Library Legal Research Exercises
- Access the videos you need to watch to complete an Exercise
- Email your completed Exercise to your assigned librarian
- Make an in-person appointment with your assigned librarian
|Prof. Kiernan-Johnson groups||Prof. Felder groups||Prof. Bauer groups|
Research AssignmentPeople v. Beck - Due Monday, February 18th at 9:00 AM. Please email assignments to the librarian assigned to your class. See below:
- Prof. Kiernan-Johnson’s Class -- Joan Policastri (email@example.com)
- Prof. Bauer’s Class – Alan Pannell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Felder’s Class – Robert Linz (email@example.com)
Schedule an In-Person Meeting
Schedule a meeting with a Wise Law Library research librarian.
Joan Frances PolicastriReference Librarian
Phone: (303) 492-2704
215C Wolf Law Building 402 UCB Boulder, CO 80309-0402
Robert LinzAssociate Director and Head of Public Services
Phone: (303) 492-2504
215B Wolf Law Building 402 UCB Boulder, CO 80309-0402
Alan PannellHead of Reference
Phone: (303) 735-1867
218 Wolf Law Building 402 UCB Boulder, CO 80309-0402
How to find law review articles using an index
Using the LegalTrac database and The Index to Legal Periodicals to find lists of articles published in legal journals, magazines and newspapers.
How to find Colorado statutes
Using Colorado Revised Statutes and West's Colorado Revised Statutes Annotated to find Colorado Statutes.
How to find the law in using secondary sources
Start your research with secondary sources. This guide discusses some of the most popular secondary sources available at the library.