Last summer, 97% of our 1Ls and 2Ls found substantive summer employment. Employers included law firms, businesses, government agencies, public interest organizations, judges, and others. Over 95% of our Class of 2015 was employed ten months after graduation.
For more specific information about the career paths of our students and graduates, and the programming we offer to support career exploration, visit our Career Paths page.
Successful summer and post-graduate job searches begin with a purposeful, deliberate and multi-faced approach. We're here to help, so take advantage of the many services we offer, including:
- Career Counseling: Our professional staff provides individual counseling for students and alumni. Every first-year student meets with a CDO counselor in the fall to begin the process of developing an individual job search action plan. Students are encouraged to work with any of our four counselors as they refine their plan.
- Employer Outreach: Every semester and throughout the summer, our counselors engage with local, regional and national employers. By understanding our students' goals as well as employers' needs, we can assist in making good matches.
- Regular Opportunities to Build a Network: Attorneys and other professionals speak to our students during weekly informational sessions. We host many career-focused events, including a fall Career Perspective Series, a spring Hot Jobs Series, a year-long Build Your Network program, and informal Wednesday Morning Coffees.
- Big Events: Each year we co-host a Government & Public Interest Career Fair in the fall, which gives students the opportunity to meet more than 50 employers. An annual Judicial Appreciation Reception takes place each fall, enabling our students to mingle with federal, state, and local judges and to learn about the benefits of clerking. Finally, JD Pathways is an early spring event designed to help all law students refine their interests by meeting attorneys at panel discussions, mock interviews, a networking lunch, and a reception honoring employers.
- Mock Interviews: We offer a mock interview program at JD Pathways and several other times each year, allowing students to practice their interview skills and receive feedback from volunteer attorneys.
- Job Search Resources: We have developed resource guides to provide information about jobs in small to mid-sized law firms, government agencies, judges, and nontraditional employers.
- On-Campus Interviews: Each semester, we conduct an On-Campus Interview (OCI) program during which students may apply for summer clerkships and associate attorney positions with law firms, businesses, government agencies and public interest organizations.
- Job Postings: Through our CDOnline system, students and alumni can review web-based job listings and an online document library that contains numerous career development resources. All information is password protected and updated regularly.