We are delighted to invite you to join us at our upcoming Bench & Bar Conference in Boulder, Colorado, September 19-21, 2012.
An impressive program has been arranged that is not only timely and relevant, but that will also involve a significant number of CLE credits.
Distinguished Speakers and Sessions include:
- Evolving Challenges in the Legal Profession: Diversity and Inclusiveness, Training, and Leveraging Technology, featuring Brad Smith, Executive General Counsel and General Counsel of Microsoft, and Mark Roellig, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of MassMutual.
- A discussion of the Implications of the Legal Challenges to Health Care Reform, featuring former White House top health care advisors, Zeke Emanuel and Bob Kocher.
- A discussion on Defining, Defending, and Advancing the Rule of Law
- Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean of the University of California-Irvine law school, will report on the key cases from the Supreme Court's current term.
- Declining Trust in Our Institutions: A Comparative Assessment of the Jury, Judiciary, and Our Political Leaders
- The Media Panel-The "Press" of Judicial Business-will feature Robert Henry, President at Oklahoma City University, former Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit; Nina Totenberg, National Public Radio's award-winning legal affairs correspondent; Dahlia Lithwick, Senior Editor and Legal Correspondent of Slate.com, and contributing editor at Newsweek; and Eugene Volokh, Professor of Law at the University of California, Los Angeles, as well as author of the Volokh Conspiracy law blog.
- Specialty Breakout Sessions will cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Generational Dynamics
- Privacy and Electronic Commerce
- Effective Advocacy: Judicial Perspective
- Effective Advocacy: Practitioner Perspective
- Future of Energy Law and Policy
- Access to Justice
- A Tenth Circuit Review
- Insight on the United States Attorney's Office
More information is available here.
Register Online: RegOnline.
General registration fee: $325.
Recent bar admittees (within 5 years) & government attorneys: reduced fee
Full details on activities and conference information is available on the website.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the St. Julien Hotel and Spa at the group rate of $209/night and $239/night plus fees and taxes. Hotel reservations at this rate remain open through August 2012, unless the block is filled before that date. Call 1-800-634-7711 for reservation assistance.
Bench & Bar Conference | September 19-21, 2012
Conference and Session Locations in Boulder:
- University of Colorado Wolf Law Building
- University of Colorado UMC
- St. Julien Hotel
Therese Kerfoot or Cheryl Franchi