Published: Feb. 23, 2006

Congratulations to Professor Krakoff for winning the Masters National Cross Country Race this past weekend!  Professor Krakoff won the USATF National Cross-Country Championships women's Masters Race, held on Saturday, February 18th in Van Cortlandt Park, New York City.  The race was an 8-kilometer course, 4 laps of 2000 meters each, with a flat section and a hilly section.  Professor Krakoff was in the lead group of three from the beginning, and then pulled away with one lap to go.  The conditions were cold and blustery. Her team, "Fleet Feet Boulder-Real Women, Real Fast," won the team competition also.An avid, competitive runner since the age of thirteen who started running cross-country in college, Professor Krakoff has been participating in various cross-country races hosted in Boulder, which she calls “home to many Olympians!” This was definitely not her first win, but it is her first national title she has won.Besides teaching Natural Resources Law, Civil Procedure, and Indian Law at University of Colorado Law School, running has always been her passion.  She further commented:“Running keeps me sane, and racing gives my running a purpose.  I am fortunate to have a wonderful group of people to train with in Boulder; we formed a women's team and are sponsored by Fleet Feet (our team name is "Fleet Feet Boulder:  Real Women, Real Fast.")  It is inspiring and fun to work out with talented, mature women who, like me, have jobs and kids and a lot of other things going on in their lives.  I am having as much fun running and racing as I have had since my college days.”