Academic Advising for Undergraduates
The IPHY Advising Blog has information on academic skills workshops, scholarships, study abroad, job and internship opportunities, and much more, including information specifically for pre-med and pre-PT students.
General contact information for the undergraduate advising
To make an appointment with an advisor, sign up on the
web at http://advising.colorado.edu
NOTE: Students are welcome to visit with ANY IPHY advisor.
Tue. 9-10 a.m.; Thu. 3-4 p.m.; Fri. 8-9 a.m.
Wed. 1-3 p.m.
Mon. 10 a.m.-Noon; Wed. 3-4 p.m.
For career advising, internships, independent study, honors:
Dr. David Sherwood
Office hours as posted
Office hours by appointment
To Declare a Major in Integrative Physiology
To declare a major in Integrative Physiology:
- Go to MyCUInfo to print out a degree audit. Please follow the instructions at How to Get to Your DARS Audit and Understanding Your DARS Audit. Having your degree audit will allow you to check off what courses you have taken as you work through the online meeting.
- Download an Integrative Physiology major packet (revised May 16, 2014) or pick it up from Clare 114.
- Have the major packet and a degree audit available and log on to http://www.colorado.edu/intphys/ugrad/declare.html.
- You will need to print the "summary" of your activity and bring a copy of this printout to Clare Small, Room 114 if you decide to declare the major. You will also need to complete a Change of Major form in the department office. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days to process the change of major. So, plan accordingly.
- After declaring the major you will be assigned to an IPHY advisor. Please make an appointment to see him/her with your questions.
Students planning to graduate with a major in Integrative
- You must make an appointment to obtain the graduation application and supporting documents from your advisor one semester prior to your anticipated graduation date.
- You must also apply for graduation online via MyCUInfo. Both the paper and online application are required.
- For information on graduation dates and deadlines, visit http://advising.colorado.edu and
click on "Graduation FAQs".
If you have questions, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org