Academic Advising for Undergraduates

Advising Blog

The IPHY Advising Blog has information on academic skills workshops, scholarships, study abroad, job and internship opportunities, and much more, including information specifically for pre-med and pre-PT students.


General contact information for the undergraduate advising office:

Clare 114
Phone: 303-492-7333

To make an appointment with an advisor, sign up on the web at

NOTE: Students are welcome to visit with ANY IPHY advisor.

Tim Houston
Undergraduate Advisor
Office: TB1-109
Phone: 303-735-2686
Walk-in hours:
Tue. 9-10 a.m.; Thu. 3-4 p.m.; Fri. 8-9 a.m.

Angelina Ramos
Undergraduate Advisor
Office: TB1-103
Phone: 303-492-3955
Walk-in hours:
Wed. 1-3 p.m.

Jia Shi
Undergraduate Advisor
Office: TB1-112
Phone: 303-492-5360
Walk-in hours:
Mon. 10 a.m.-Noon; Wed. 3-4 p.m.

For career advising, internships, independent study, honors:

Dr. David Sherwood
Undergraduate Coordinator
Office hours as posted
Office: TB1-101
Phone: 303-492-7561
Office hours by appointment

To Declare a Major in Integrative Physiology

To declare a major in Integrative Physiology:

  1. Go to MyCUInfo to print out a degree audit. Please follow the instructions at How to Get to Your DARS Audit and Understanding Your DARS Audit. Having your degree audit will allow you to check off what courses you have taken as you work through the online meeting.
  2. Download an Integrative Physiology major packet (revised May 16, 2014) or pick it up from Clare 114.
  3. Have the major packet and a degree audit available and log on to
  4. You will need to print the "summary" of your activity and bring a copy of this printout to Clare Small, Room 114 if you decide to declare the major. You will also need to complete a Change of Major form in the department office. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days to process the change of major. So, plan accordingly.
  5. After declaring the major you will be assigned to an IPHY advisor. Please make an appointment to see him/her with your questions.

Graduation Advising

Students planning to graduate with a major in Integrative Physiology:

  • You must make an appointment to obtain the graduation application and supporting documents from your advisor one semester prior to your anticipated graduation date.
  • You must also apply for graduation online via MyCUInfo. Both the paper and online application are required.
  • For information on graduation dates and deadlines, visit and click on "Graduation FAQs".

If you have questions, e-mail them to