Cooperative Research Memoranda of Agreement are fairly generic. They are similar to Office of International Education Honorary Memoranda of Agreement with the addition of a section explaining the focused area of research that is intended between the two institutions. http://www.colorado.edu/oie/international-partnerships/new-affiliation
Review and approvals needed at CU-Boulder:
- Review and approval of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation. Please familiarize yourself with Research Integrity and Regulatory Compliance standards, including Export Controls. You can find information on this subject here.
- If funded research, approval by the Office of Contracts and Grants is required.
- Send to the Office of International Education for review and sharing with the Office of Export Controls, and forward to University Counsel.
- University Counsel approval (if the parties use the template approved by university counsel, the approval process is quick and straight-forward).
- Review and approval by the Office of the Provost.
- Signature by the Chancellor Designee or Provost.
Dependent on time of year; such an agreement can be approved in as little as a month. Non-standard language requires additional time for review.