Publications, Papers, and Reports
Please see CV for complete listing.
- AWRA 2012 SUMMER SPECIALTY CONFERENCE, Riparian Ecosystems IV: Advancing Science, Economics and Policy, Denver, Colorado
This reviewed proceedings paper would normally be copyrighted by the American Water Resources Association, but is not in this case because Dr. Sassenrath is a Federal employee. The Association has made available on its website the rest of the proceedings from the conference, for a limited time, and they are recommended. The Association puts on very high-quality conferences.
- Re-Vision of a Western U.S. Irrigation Area: Review of the U.S. Agricultural Context and Relevant Factors
- Note on Property Rights in the U.S. and Mountains
Essay written for a project on the state of development in U.S. mountains, November 2011.
- Drought, Climate Change, and Colorado's Policy Discussion: Participation or Procrastination?
Universities Council On Water Resources 2007 Annual Meeting Presentation - Extended Abstract. Posted with permission and minor editing and footnote updates, December 2008.
- Considerations for Agriculture to Urban Water Transfers
The Report of the Water Transfer Guidelines Committee of the Arkansas Basin Roundtable was submitted to the Basin Roundable in September of 2008, and adoption was proposed for the October meeting. It is the product of the whole committee over two years of discussion, often for one and a half days a month. It is posted here to provide access, because it is a substantial piece of work which advances thinking about water transfer impacts and mitigation.
- "Who Wants to Know What and When? Study of Weather and Climate Information Use and Potential Applications in Colorado, Focusing on Agricultural Water Management in Southeast Colorado and the Decision Calendar" -- Edited Version of Final Report to NOAA HDGCR Program (05/20/04), on COLORADO portion of project; preface added 2008
- Moving Toward Climate-Responsive Water Management – Short Summaries
- Decision Support, Climate and Weather, and other Information on the Web
- Three Additional Forms of Water Transfer
- Suggested Principles for Water Transfer Institution Design
- Crisis/Opportunity for Ditches and Why It Matters
- Problems with the Arkansas River Basin Water Bank Pilot Program
- Farm-Level Feasibility of New Forms of Water Transfer
- Water Lease Rate Calculator – an Excel Spreadsheet Decision Support Tool
- Progress Report on Inquiry Into Biological Issues in Water Transfers
- Progress Report on Inquiry into Socio-economic Issues in Improved Water Transfers
- Table of Water Transfer Alternatives – Different Goals, Different Tools