ECON 4504-001: The New Institutional Economics
- Alston, Lee J.: "The New Institutional Economics"
- Coase: "The Problem of Social Cost"
- Alston, Harris, and Mueller: "Development of Property Rights on Frontiers: Endowments, Norms and Politics"
- Baumol: "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive and Destructive"
- Alston, Libecap, and Schneider: "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Census Data and Survey Results for Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier"
- Alston and Mueller: "Property Rights and the State"
- Coase: "The Nature of the Firm"
- Alston and Gillepsie: "Resource Coordination and Transaction Costs: A Framework for Analyzing the Firm/Market Boundary"
- Alston and Higgs: "Contractual Mix in Southern Agriculture Since the Civil War: Facts, Hypotheses and Tests"
- Alston and Ferrie: "Paternalism in Agricultural Labor Contracts in the U.S. South: Implications for the Growth of the Welfare State"
- Alston, Mattiace, and Nonnenmacher: "Coercion, Culture and Debt-Contracts: The Henequen Industry: Yucatán, Mexico, 1870-1915"
- Eggertsson: "Analyzing Institutional Successes and Failures: A Millennium of Common Mountain Pastures in Iceland"
- North, Wallis, Webb, and Weingast: "In the Shadow of Violence"
- Wallis: "Institutions, Organizations, Impersonality, and Interests: The Dynamics of Institutions"
- Alston and Gallo: "Electoral Fraud, the Rise of Peron and Decline in Checks and Balances in Argentina"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Beliefs, Leadership, and Critical Transitions: Brazil 1964-2014"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Chapter 2: A Conceptual Framework: Beliefs, Leadership and Critical Transitions; Brazil 1964-2014"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Part II: Introduction to the Case Study of Brazil, 1964-2014"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Chapter 3: From Disorder to Growth and Back: The Military Regime (1964-1985)"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Chapter 4: Transition to Democracy and the Belief in Social Inclusion (1985-1994)"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Chapter 5: Cardoso seizes a Window of Opportunity"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "Chapter 6: Deepening Beliefs and Institutions"
- Hunt: "Parity, Paternalism and Peonage in the Informal Economy:
and Empirical Study of Off-the-books Loans"
- Bretsen and Hill: "Irrigation Institutions in the American West"