PSCI 4028: The New Institutional Economics
- Alston, Lee J. "The New Institutional Economics"
- Acemoglu, Johnson and Robinson, "Institutions as the Fundamental Cause of Long-Run Growth"
- Shirley, "Institutions and Development": p.611-638
- North, Wallis and Weingast, "Social Orders and Violence"
- Wallis, "Institutions, Organizations, Impersonality, and Interests: The Dynamics of Institutions"
- Alston and Gallo, "Electoral Fraud, the Rise of Peron and Decline in Checks and Balances"
- Coase, "The Problem of Social Cost"
- Alston, Harris and Mueller, "De Facto and De Jure Property Rights: Land Settlement and Land Conflict on the Australian, Brazilian and U.S. Frontiers"
- Alston and Mueller, "Property Rights and the State"
- Coase, "The Nature of the Firm"
- Alston and Gillepsie, "Resource Coordination and Transaction Costs: A Framework for Analyzing the Firm/Market Boundary"
- Alston and Higgs: "Contractual Mix in Southern Agriculture Since the Civil War: Facts, Hypotheses and Tests," Journal of Economic History, XLII (June 1982): 327-353
- Alston, Eggertsson and North, Chapter 9
- Alston, Mattiace, and Nonnenmacher "Coercion, Culture and Debt-Contracts: The Henequen Industry: Yucatán, Mexico, 1870-1915"
- Carey, "Presidential versus Parliamentary Government"
- Alston and Mueller "Pork for Policy: Executive and Legislative Exchange in Brazil"
- Fletcher and Iyigun "The Clash of Civilizations: A Cliometric Examination
- Higgs, Robert. "Crisis, Bigger Government, and Ideological change: Two Hypotheses on the Ratchet Phenomenon."