ECON 4504-001: The New Institutional Economics
- Alston, Lee J.: "The New Institutional Economics"
- Coase: "The Problem of Social Cost"
- Alston, Harris, and Mueller: "Development of Property Rights on Frontiers: Endowments, Norms and Politics"
- Alston, Libecap, and Schneider: "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Census Data and Survey Results for Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier"
- Alston and Mueller: "Property Rights and the State"
- Coase: "The Nature of the Firm"
- Alston and Gillepsie: "Resource Coordination and Transaction Costs: A Framework for Analyzing the Firm/Market Boundary"
- Alston and Higgs: "Contractual Mix in Southern Agriculture Since the Civil War: Facts, Hypotheses and Tests"
- Alston and Ferrie: "Paternalism in Agricultural Labor Contracts in the U.S. South: Implications for the Growth of the Welfare State"
- Alston, Mattiace, and Nonnenmacher: "Coercion, Culture and Debt-Contracts: The Henequen Industry: Yucatán, Mexico, 1870-1915"
- Eggertsson: "Analyzing Institutional Successes and Failures: A Millennium of Common Mountain Pastures in Iceland"
- North, Wallis, and Weingast: "Social Orders and Violence"
- Alston and Gallo: "Electoral Fraud, the Rise of Peron and Decline in Checks and Balances in Argentina"
- Alston, Melo, Mueller, and Pereira: "The Road to Prosperity"