Computing and Research Services Workshops
More About R
To download go to R home page
- Advantages of R:
- R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is rapidly becoming the choice tool for research and for teaching. It is FREE and Open Source, so you don't have to worry about annual costs, site licenses, or upgrade fees. Two of R's many strengths are its ease in producing well-designed publication-quality plots and its versatility in implementing statistical methods.
- What is R?
- R is an integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation, calculation and graphical display. It includes
- an effective data handling and storage facility,
- a suite of operators for calculations on arrays, in particular matrices,
- a large, coherent, integrated collection of intermediate tools for data analysis,
- graphical facilities for data analysis and display either on-screen or on hardcopy, and
- a well-developed, simple and effective programming language which includes conditionals, loops, user-defined recursive functions and input and output facilities.