You are here


Q: Can I use the health center without the student insurance?
A: Yes, all CU-Boulder students may use Wardenburg Health Center regardless of insurance coverage. However, if you do not have one of the university health plans (Student Gold or Campus Care) you will need to pay at the time of service or you will receive a bill to the address we have on file. If you plan to contact your insurance company regarding reimbursement, we can provide paperwork you may need from your visit. More info >>

Q: Is my visit confidential?
A: Yes. In compliance with state and federal laws, we cannot release your personal health information without your written consent. More info >>

Q: I was sick or injured; can I get a note for class?
A: If you were seen in one of our clinics, you can get a "Statement of Fact" simply stating that you were in Wardenburg at a specific time. In order to protect your private health information, no information about diagnosis or type of appointment is included. You can get a "Statement of Fact" from the front desk of the clinic where you were seen.

Q: How much will it cost?
A: No copays are charged if you are enrolled in the Student Gold or Campus Care plan. Otherwise, costs vary based on the type of visit and/or test. More info >>
We also have many free services available including our minor injury screenings, health education, chair massages, and HIV testing. More info >>

Q: Where can I get STD/STI testing?
A: Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI/STD) testing is available by appointment in the Medical Clinic and in Women's Health Services.

Q: Why do I need to show proof of 2 MMRs?
A: The State of Colorado requires all universities to have copies of students' immunization records on file so that in the event there is an outbreak of disease, unimmunized students can be removed from harm. More info >>

Q: Do I need an appointment?
A: You must schedule an appointment unless your condition requires immediate medical attention (e.g., broken bone, head injury). More info >>
In the event of an urgent mental health situation during business hours, you may come straight to Psychological Health and Psychiatry. More info >>

Q: Can I get the HPV shot?
A: Yes, we offer HPV vaccination through Women's Health Services. Your first shot is coupled with an office visit with a provider. If you have started the HPV vaccination rounds elsewhere, you can continue your vaccinations at Wardenburg. More info >>

Q: Where do I go when Wardenburg is closed?
A: In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room. If you need medical attention but it is not an emergency, go to a local urgent care facility. More info >>

Q: I got an MIP… now what?
A: You must sign up for the Focus on Alcohol Concerns (FAC) class offered through Psychological Health and Psychiatry. More info >>