- Call 9-1-1 for immediate emergency care.
- Medical Emergencies
Boulder Community Foothills Hospital is the closest 24-hour emergency service.
Location: Foothills Pkwy and Arapahoe (map)
General Phone: 720-854-7000
- Mental Health Emergencies
- If an immediate response is needed, call 911.
- Boulder County Mental Health Department Crisis Line numbers: 303-447-1665 24-hour Crisis Line
- Boulder Community Hospital Behavioral Health 303-441-0400 TLC Line
- Non-Emergency Care
There are a number of urgent care clinics in the Boulder area. Please look in your Boulder phone book or contact your insurance carrier. For a partial list of local urgent care clinics, see: What to do when we are closed>>
What is an "emergency"?
Most health insurance companies define a medical emergency as:
- unexpected, and
- posing an immediate threat to life, limb, or body function.
Use good judgement, and be aware that if the condition is not an emergency insurance may not cover a visit to the ER. See above regarding seeking non-emergency care.
Note: Check with your insurance carrier to see how these services are covered. Payment may be your responsibility.